Finally, an association that’s dedicated to making the place you call home
We have a passion for creating amazing destinations. And now we’re bringing together everyone with that passion to share resources, ideas, expertise, and to connect with one another in a single place!
Best of all, the Destination Development Association gives you access to a wide range of information, how-tos and data that will help you create an outstanding destination for residents, visitors, and investors alike.
There isn’t any other organization on the planet that can put this level of quality information at your fingertips. The DDA is unique in that it brings tourism professionals, downtown associations, community developers, economic development interests, chambers, and arts and historical associations together – all under one roof, sharing resources, making it easy to work together to achieve success.
Over the last 35 years, we’ve worked with more than 1,500 communities throughout the world. What we’ve learned is that when these groups come together and work towards a common goal, communities transform into desirable, vibrant, economically healthy destinations.
AS A DDA MEMBER YOU GET
- How-to videos on just about every destination development subject you can imagine.
- PDF how-to guides and case histories on dozens of topics.
- The step-by-step guide to building your own “Branding, Product Development & Marketing Action Plan” saving you tens of thousands of dollars.
With pre-written recommendations that can be easily added to your Action Plan and include photographic examples, detailed instructions, approximate implementation costs, funding options, who should lead the effort, and the rationale for making the recommendation.
- “Ask Roger Anything” video tips, tricks, and answers to perplexing challenges.
- Downloadable posters on the subjects of downtowns, branding and marketing to help educate your local residents and organizations.
- “Members only” pricing on books, consulting visits, and upcoming Destination Development Conferences and retreats.
- Advocacy within the travel, downtown revitalization and development, and place-making industries, including federal funding programs (U.S.) like the Community Development Block Grant Program.
- Hundreds of photographic examples you can emulate and use for inspiration.
- No-cost access to monthly webinars.
- Sample ordinances and guidelines on dozens of topics.
- New research and trends updated monthly.
- Case histories continually added so you can see and learn from other communities' success.
- Access to an incredible brain trust to help you answer vexing questions and challenges, and to make those questions a priority in new research and video how-to guides.
“Tips, Tricks and New Ideas” video blogs: taking just a few minutes of your time.
Choose a plan that best fits your needs:
Each membership level offers full access to everything the association has to offer, including all of the content on our website. The main difference in plans is the number of logins you purchase that can be shared with partners in your community/organization.
Annual membership investment (in U.S. dollars)
Single User Plan
Provides a single organization with complete access to association resources and benefits.
10 User Plan
OUR MOST POPULAR PLAN
Provides up to 10 organizations with complete access to association resources and benefits.
20 User Plan
Provides up to 20 organizations with complete access to association resources and benefits.
30 User Plan
$65 per additional employee
Provides up to 30 organizations with complete access to association resources and benefits.
If you'd like more than 30, you can purchase more user accounts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When does our membership begin and end?
The day you join is your “anniversary date” no matter what day of the month or time of year you join. Your membership is renewed each year on your anniversary date.
Does the membership auto renew?
Yes it does. 30 days prior to the renewal date, you will be notified that your membership will either auto-renew or require manual renewal (as you have designated). At that time, you will be able to modify your membership selection and/or update payment information.
What if we need more logins?
You can upgrade your plan at any time to the next plan level, or if you are at the highest plan (30 Users), you can add as many additional members as you would like for a rate of $65.00 per user.
Who manages the logins?
You do! We provide a video tutorial on how to assign logins. It’s actually very easy. And if you want to revoke one, or move one, it’s easy for you to do through the admin settings.